Class Schedule 2018-2019
Block 1 Block 2 Block 3 Block 4
Even Days: Teacher English 12 English 10 English 10
Odd Days: English 12 English 12 English 12 PLC Prep
Please have a safe and fun Fall Break. Remember to be careful. Be safe. Choose wisely.
I look forward to seeing all of you back Monday, November 26.
SENIORS- The Financial Aid Night for students and parents is this Thursday, October 25th, from 5 - 7:30pm. If you or your guardians have any questions regarding Federal, State, or any other form of financial assistance, you are encouraged to attend.
Homecoming is October 15-18! This is going to be a busy week, so get ready!
Monday- Homecoming Pep Assembly in Hurricane Gym
Wednesday- Seniors will attend ASTATE College Fair. All Seniors will be boarding buses and heading to ASU Jonesboro.
Thursday- Seniors who qualify and have turned in their exemption form have a day off. Our Sophomore students will be
taking the ACT Aspire test. This is a very important test and we are closely monitoring the results. Make sure all tenth
graders get a good night's rest before we test.
Thursday night- we welcome all parents and guardians to JHS for Parent Conferences. Please either come by or email to
make an appointment with your child's teacher.
Friday- No student day. All teachers will report for class. Homecoming football on Friday night with a dance to follow the
Recently our Administration team held grade level meetings with the student body. Major points covered:
1. Be on time. Being tardy is not acceptable. We want you to be work-ready when you leave JHS, and punctuality is important to employers.
2. Be dressed appropriately. Our students have been given a clear dress code. This needs to be followed by all students.
3. Hygiene- Please remember to shower and use deodorant. If you have a need for hygiene articles, please email or speak to Nurse Dawn.
4. Bullying is NEVER acceptable.
5. School Computers are for school work. Not Facebook, not movies/television, not for social media. Any and everything you do on the school computer is subject to review by the administration.
6. The School Administration team may search any vehicle, backpack, purse, student that comes on this campus. If the principals believe that there is a safety risk to others, they have the legal right to search and protect the students of this school.
Please go over these points with your child. Our goal is that every student is safe, secure, and able to learn. Help us keep our kids safe and protected.
Parents: There is a new website for accessing your child's grades. Please check with your Academy secretary to get the login information.
Home Access Center (where kids and parents check grades)
10th and 11th grade student yearbook pictures will be taken in the library on Friday, September 21st
October 17- College Fair @ Arkansas State University
October 18- Parent Conferences; Early Release from school
October 19- Teacher Training- No Classes
October 27-ACT-Talk to your counselor for more information.
Homecoming! The 2018 JHS HOCO Theme is OUTER SPACE:
" To Boldly Go Where No CANE has Gone Before".
The schedule is as follows:
On Monday, October 15th, there is a Pep Rally @ 10AM
On Tuesday, October 16th, we will have a parade @ 3:30PM
On Wednesday, October 17th, there will be a Powder Puff Game & Food Drive @ 6:30PM
On Friday, October 19th, we will have our homecoming game followed by a dance
Jonesboro Public Library is offering a Mock ACT for free! Check with the library at:
www.libraryinjonesboro.org for more details.
Make sure that you are checking Google Classroom for assignments.
301 Hurricane Drive,
Jonesboro, AR 72401